WhatsApp groups are a popular feature of WhatsApp. Whoever had saved your number earlier could add you to the group, but the hassle of the other person being added to the group without any respect was troubling the users. After receiving feedback from WhatsApp users, WhatsApp has changed group privacy settings to help its users to get rid of the problem. Now whatsapp for Android and WhatsApp for iPhone added the new group privacy settings available for both users. Today, through our article, we will update you about how you can avoid the hassle of adding yourself to group without your permission.
WhatsApp Group Privacy Settings: Do This
Before you know how you can make these settings in your phone, make sure that your phone should have the latest version of WhatsApp. The version for Android should be 2.19.308 and version 2.19.112 for iPhone. You can also update WhatsApp by visiting the Google Play store for Android and on the App Store page for iphone. Follow the steps below after updating the app.
WhatsApp Groups on Android: Android users make such a change in settings
If you are an Android user and you also struggle with the hassle of being added to an unwanted group often, you no longer need to be disturbed, you can overcome this problem only by changing the settings below.
1) Open WhatsApp on your Android smartphone and then click on the three-dot icon on the right side.
2) Then go to Settings> Account> Privacy.
3) Then tap the group and then select one of the Options from Everone, Moy Contact, and My Contacts Except.
4) If you select the Everyone option, any WhatsApp user will be able to make you a part of the group.
5) “My Contacts”. The admin in the user’s contact list will be able to make that user a part of the group.
6) Select my Contacts Except option, you will only be able to add select users to the WhatsApp group. To enable this means that all group admins will have to send an incubation to make a user a part of the WhatsApp group. However, the user will have to decide on this presentation for 72 hours.
If you are an iPhone user and you are also struggling with the hassle of being added to an unwanted group, don’t worry now, you can only change the settings below and relieve this problem.
1) First open the WhatsApp app app in iphone and then click on the settings option at the bottom bar.
2) Then go to Account > Privacy > Groups.
3) Then on the next screen you will find three options, Everone, Moy Contact and My Contacts Except.